The Windmill Village Boat Club exists to promote and enhance the boating experience for residents of Windmill Village.
All Shareholders may become members of the Boat Club; owning a boat is not a requirement. A member in good standing is one who attends Boat Club meetings and volunteers at a minimum of one event during season (November-April), unless exempted by the Commodore. Dues, (if applicable) as established by the membership, must be current. A member in good standing shall be entitled to vote at all regular or special Boat Club meetings. Meetings are held the first Monday of each month, November through April.
Regular Meetings: 5:30 PM – 7:00 PM, 1st Monday of the month, in Club House, November to April.
The meetings include updates from each group as well as guest speakers.
Activities, agendas and minutes will be posted on the Message Board – Check for Updates
Boat Club Organization: (see organization chart below)
Boat Flare Disposal Info
- Commodore – Doug Asbury
- Vice-Commodore – Kathy Hill
- Treasurer – Darrell Charette
- Secretary – Carol Dorer
Committees and Representatives:
- Powerboats – Steven Clark
- Sailors – Doug Asbury – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Alligator Creek Committee – Howie Brooks
- Dock Master – Tom Gramza & Rick Robinson
- Burial at Sea – Dick Darcy
- Kayakers (see separate Kayakers page)
- Fishermen – Dan Karsten & Curt Schachtschneider
A member may hold no more than one officer position. A member may serve as an officer and also as a committee member under another officer. A member not holding office may serve on more than one committee.
Term of Office: Two officers will be elected at the March Boat Club meeting each year, for a period of two years. The term of office will be staggered so that on year the Commodore and the Treasurer will be elected. The following year the Vice Commodore and Secretary will be elected. If an officer resigns, fails to fulfill his or her appointed duties, or runs for a higher office, the remaining officers will appoint a replacement for the remainder of the vacant term.
Voting: A member in good standing shall be entitled to vote at all regular or special Boat Club meetings.
Commodore – The Commodore shall:
- Be the Chief Executive Officer of the Boat Club. As such, the Commodore shall advocate, inform and coordinate activities with the Windmill Village Board of Administration, the WMV manager and officers of other WMV clubs and organizations, whenever necessary.
- Preside over all monthly meetings
- Appoint, as needed, ad hoc committees and serve as liaison.
- Sign all official papers and documents as required..
- Approve expenditures from the Boat Club’s genera fund not to exceed $250 to $500 to a quorum of the Boat Club officers/representatives for approval. Requests for expenditures above $500 shall be presented to the entire club membership for approval.
- Recommend annual membership dues (if applicable) to a quorum of Club officers/re[resentatives for approval. The recommended fee for the folliowin year shall be presented to the Club membership for approval at the March meeting. (Dues for the coming year shall be collected at the November meeting).
- Serve as liaison with the Dock Master.
Vice Commodore – The Vice Commodore shall:
- Preside over any Boat Club meetings and/or any meetings of the club officers/representatives in the absence of the Commodore, and shall perform such other duties as assigned by the Commodore.
- Promote and coordinate activities with the Sailing, Powerboating and Fishing groups as needed.
- Post notice and agenda for all general membership, group and club officer/representatives meetings in a timely manner.
- Recruit and work to retain active club members.
Treasurer – The Treasurer shall:
- Collect dues (if applicable) from members and keep accurate records of payment..
- Collect and account for all moneys coming to the club and deposit them in banks designated by the club officers.
- Pay bills from the Club’s general fund and have been authorized by the club membership.
- Submit a quarterly audit report for the Social Club.
Secretary – The Secretary shall:
- Keep an accurate record of all business transacted at all club officer/representative and general membership meetings.
- Establish and maintain a sign up sheet.
- Give a copy of all meeting minutes to each club officer/representative and post one copy on the Boat Club bulletin board in the mailroom. Minutes of the previous month’s meeting will be made available at each meeting.
Group Representatives (Kayak, Sailboat, Powerboat)
The following are groups of the Boat Club: Sailing, Powerboating and Fishing. Each group shall appoint a representative to sit on the Boat Club Board. The appointed representative will give a report at the monthly Boat Club meeting. Each appointed representative shall hold office for 1 year beginning with the March membership meeting.
Club Representatives shall also:
- Coordinate activities with Vice Commodore.
- Give, or arrange for a general report to be read at each Boat Club meeting.
- Organize the events and activities